torsdag 23 augusti 2012

Learning theories – a brief personal account

The topic of the presentation below is Learning theories. It is not at trivial matter to give an overview of such a topic in a short period of time and I have been somewhat puzzled about how to structure my presentation.

Eventually, I decided to take my own experiences as a structuring device. Accordingly, the presentation will be an account from my own perspective, not too detailed but hopefully comprehensible and valid. It will roughly deal with four aspects of learning: behaviours, mental structures, interactions and connections. Another way of putting it is that it will cover what we can observe, what we can infer and what we can do. For further information we can all find an abundance of resources on the Internet. This is just one example. You will find the full manuscript here.

Presenting information to an audience by talking at length in "the information technology age" always makes me somewhat hesitant.  To be true, it is quite seductive to have the opportunity to talk to an attentive audience and I really enjoy it,  but is it the best way to convey information which might be found almost anywhere on the net? I hear Stephen Downes's words echoing in my head:  "if you're just presenting information, online is better than the traditional classroom."


Anyway, in order to show my audience that my presentation is not at all unique and that I very much build on what others have shared on the net, I have included both creative commons licensed photos and YouTube videos in my presentation. Furthermore I have also shared it on Slideshare for others to use or remix should they find it worthwhile.





Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

1 kommentar:

  1. Looking for a dentists plano texas to subtly change gum contours for a more even smile.

    If you live in Charlotte, NC.

    Here is my weblog :: best dentists in plano **

    SvaraRadera